Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7975G Side Carriage

scooter817
Level 2
Level 2

Hi All

I wanted to know can someone tell me how do I program additional phone numbers on the side carriage of a 7975.

I have an secretary in NY who is going to be answering 4  additional lines for 4  people and I wanted to know how to add

there lines for her.Thanks in advance and I appreciate all the help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Scooter;

I'm not sure what type of add-on module you are using, but let's assume it's a 7914.

Once the 7914 module has been added to the phone physically then you have to add

it via CUCMadmin. On the 7975 phone config page under expansion module add the 7914.

Then have a look at the Phone Button Template for the 7914. If you find the default Button Template

you can Copy it/rename it (something like 7975 with 7914) and reconfigure it with the appropriate Line Buttons.

In many cases the default Phone Button Template is configured for all Speed Dial buttons so this

needs to be tweaked to allow you to configure the additional lines that you and your user require.

Once this has been done go back to the phone/device in question and apply this new

Phone Button Template> Update> and you will see all the Line keys available to add the required DN's

Here is an example

Phone Button and Expansion Module Template Information

Phone Button Template* 7975 - Eight Line

Expansion Module 1 Standard 14-Button Expansion Module

Expansion Module 2 Standard 14-Button Expansion Module

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to start by mentioning what you're using for call control.

CUCM? CME? version???

If asking for help you always need to provide that info.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Sorry about that, we are using Call Manager version 7

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Scooter;

I'm not sure what type of add-on module you are using, but let's assume it's a 7914.

Once the 7914 module has been added to the phone physically then you have to add

it via CUCMadmin. On the 7975 phone config page under expansion module add the 7914.

Then have a look at the Phone Button Template for the 7914. If you find the default Button Template

you can Copy it/rename it (something like 7975 with 7914) and reconfigure it with the appropriate Line Buttons.

In many cases the default Phone Button Template is configured for all Speed Dial buttons so this

needs to be tweaked to allow you to configure the additional lines that you and your user require.

Once this has been done go back to the phone/device in question and apply this new

Phone Button Template> Update> and you will see all the Line keys available to add the required DN's

Here is an example

Phone Button and Expansion Module Template Information

Phone Button Template* 7975 - Eight Line

Expansion Module 1 Standard 14-Button Expansion Module

Expansion Module 2 Standard 14-Button Expansion Module

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks for the help Rob and yes it is a 7914 expansion module