Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7975G stuck in upgrading mode

Roger B
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am having 7975G IP phones registered in CUCM but whenever i put POE cable or power cable to power it on, it stucks to "Upgrading" and doen't go further. CUCM version is 8.6 and Device defaults of 7975 is SCCP75.9-2-1S.  I have tried doing factory reset (power off then power on # button then 123456789*0#) also but is not working. Can anyone help here?

7 Replies 7

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

Hi

Was it regestered to another CUCM cluster With CUCM version lesser than current one .

Regards

Ronak patel

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Hi,

No,it was registered with only one CUCM and now not working with the same CUCM. But how come they shows message as "upgrading" when connected through power adapter only.

Hi

They are trying to upgrade the firmware. Have you uploaded latest the firmware in CUCM?

Regards

Ronak

Hi,

Why they are tring to upgrade the firmware as other phones are running on the firmware which is uploaded in CUCM.

Only three IP phones having this problem and I am unable to upload the firmware by tftp.

Hi

Might be others are at upgraded to latest firmware.

Regards

Ronak

Hi,

Ok in that case, how would i come to know about the firmware of those IP phones, as they are not displaying anything on screen other than "upgrading".

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rahul,

If you check (via the phone) Settings > Model Info > Load File you can see

what firmware is currently on the phone

Cheers!

Rob

"Everything is broken" - Bob Dylan