Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

cisco callmanager service cannot start

i had a cisco callmanager v 3.3(2) that had been configured in a different domain as the primary callmanager and it was working properly. during redeployment to a different site i configured basic stuff and all calls were working. i decided to configure the extension mobility feature but each time a user tries to login to a phone an error message "unsuccessful login error:[11]" always appeared.i decided to make the callmanager the AD server and see whether it works. i also changed the server name from network identity (my computer properties. after the whole process, the call manager service cannot start and the administration page doesn't load. The services page loads but doesn't list any server, instead it displays an error message. Right now am trying to demote the AD and its taking ages.

• Unified Communications Applications
2 REPLIES

Re: cisco callmanager service cannot start

unsuccessful login error:[11]:

Device Does Not Exist: The specified device for login or logout does not exist in the system.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_programming_usage_guide_chapter09186a00802e28fc.html#wp1032229

Re: cisco callmanager service cannot start

You can't run AD on the callmanager and you also can't just change the name of callmanager. There is a procedure of changing the name but several steps involved. I don't think that you will get callmanager to start anymore. You may have to reload.

Views
Helpful
Replies