cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Click to Call is pretty awful . . .

shikamarunara
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I'm working on presenting Cisco Unified Presence to some people in our organization to be able to compare with Microsoft Lync, I would like some input.  I have CUPS version 7 working in a lab but I've noticed that there doesn't seem to be a way to click on phone numbers and extensions in Outlook and web browsers without the use of a "widget" Click to Call.  So, this presents a problem since one of the bigger criticisms of the Cisco voip platform is the endless collection of plugins and apps that need to be installed on an end user's PC (Unity VMO, IP Communicator, Personal Communicator, Click to Call, etc).  The Microsoft Lync installation seems to be a one-stop-shop, one app installation installs click to call features, and that's it.

Did CUPS/Personal Communicator improve in version 8?  It's hard to recommend something that's such a pain to set up and deploy. 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jason Newman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Yes the CUPC version 8.5 click to call is much improved over the CUPC 7 installation especially with outlook 2010.  The implementation with outlook 2010 is symonomous with the C2C available in Lync.  I'm not sure if C2C in Lync works with other MS products but CUPC 8.5 includes Mozilla, IE, Word, Excel, Power Point, and I'm sure there's a few additional I am missing. 

Regards,

Jason

View solution in original post

No you don't need a stand alone installer.  The Click to call functionality is included in the CUPC 8.5 installer.  You can enable / disable them as you choose during the installation.

Regards,

Jason

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jason Newman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Yes the CUPC version 8.5 click to call is much improved over the CUPC 7 installation especially with outlook 2010.  The implementation with outlook 2010 is symonomous with the C2C available in Lync.  I'm not sure if C2C in Lync works with other MS products but CUPC 8.5 includes Mozilla, IE, Word, Excel, Power Point, and I'm sure there's a few additional I am missing. 

Regards,

Jason

Thanks for replying, Jason.  With Personal Communicator 8, do I need to download and install a separate widget for C2C?  I would like to avoid that completely.  It's hard to convince people to go with this platform if they need to install 25 different apps for basic functionality.

No you don't need a stand alone installer.  The Click to call functionality is included in the CUPC 8.5 installer.  You can enable / disable them as you choose during the installation.

Regards,

Jason

Thanks, Jason.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi Jason,  Would you happened to know if Cisco UC product unit team will include C2C for email signature phone numbers through Outlook on CUPC 8/9.x release?  Unfortunately CUPC is lacking this feature and is very important to have this available for my client.  Any input would be appreciated.  Thanks, Yavuz

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: