Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Emergency Responder 8.5.1 - Onsite Alert Email

ronfiander
Level 1
Level 1

Good Day,

I have a client with CER 8.5.1 and they currently have 2 Onsite Alert contacts configured.  The first one in the list is working correctly, and the other day when they had a 911 call placed it correctly sent out an email advising.

The second entry did not get an email.

I have gone through and checked the Cisco ER Group Settings, and have ensured the correct email address is present, but yet my client cliams that emails are not coming through for the one user.

If the SMTP server was incorrectly configured than the first entry would not work, right?

Does anyone know if there is a log that reports if/when emails are sent out, some proof that the system is in fact generating an email and sending it to Exchange?

Many thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are both onsite alerts associated with the ERL that the call was made from?

Chris

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are both onsite alerts associated with the ERL that the call was made from?

Chris

srichardson
Level 4
Level 4

You can find logs on the attempted smtp messages by going to CER Serviceability.  Go to System logs, CER Server, and then look at the systemout.log files.  Do a search for the @domain.com of the full email address.  I'm not sure if you will see a failure response, as I don't have any failures to report, but you'll at least see the attempts.

Are the two addresses in different domains?  Depending upon how the smpt relay is set up, it may allow messages to be sent internally, but not externally or only externally or not internally - something to discuss with the mail administrator.

Hope this helps.

ronfiander
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Chris,

It had been a while since I did any work on CER, and even though the Alert Contact was in the system properly, it seems as it wasn't applied to any of the ERLs as per your question.

Adjusted the ERLs and the client is going to test, but it stands to reason as that being the root of the issue.

srichardson thanks for the path to the logs, I wasn't able to see the failures, but then again from what I can tell it wasn't even configured to use those ERLs.