Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco IP Communicator and Video Advantage

Hi there,

any idea about how to enable video transmission with the IP communicator and the Video Advantage add-on ? I can only see the local video, even when I am in a call. Which parameter do I have to check on the CUCM 8? My set up is very basic, with the virtualized CUCM and the 2 IP Communicator PCs attached to the same GW.

btw, I have CUVA version 2.3.1.0 and Ip Communicator ver. 7.0.3.0

Thanks

Lucio

• Unified Communications Applications
Everyone's tags (1)
2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Lucio,On the CUCM admin

Hi Lucio,

On the CUCM admin page, on the CIPC config page, under "Product Specific Configuration Layout", set the " Video Capabilities " to Enabled.

HTH

Manish

Thanks, I figured out what it

Thanks, I figured out what it was: in the User Guide of the IP Communicator, version 7, it says:

IP Communicator is using the SIP call-control protocol, it does not support video with Cisco Unified Video

Advantage. Your system administrator should tell you if your deployment supports video.

I had SIP configured. Now I got it to work and I see the two pictures, one local, one remote. Still, the Speed Dial button for Video does not work as expected, but all the rest works fine.

Now I have to go on with the configurations: MOH works OK from both sides.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.