cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Communicator - banner

axa-wongjeff
Level 1
Level 1

It's been requested to display a reminder that "... dialing 9-1-1 may not provide exact location and there's no guarantee performance..." to our Cisco softphone (Cisco IP Communicator) users.

Is there a method to display this message when the user launches the softphone application icon or displayed on the virtual softphone screen?

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Perhaps you can use an an 'application launcher' that first displays whatever is needed, then proceeds to run CIPC.

Also note, Cisoc has product and solutions, caller 'emergency responders', that dela with this type of issues.

Thanks. I've been reading up on the Cisco Emergency Responder documentation. Not sure if that's implemented by the voice group.

I'm thinking if there's a way to change the default softphone background image or replace it with an image with the warning notice. I'm curious how others are issuing warnings to softphone users regarding using the emergency call functions.

Sure you can change the 'desktop' image.

Not supported, but you can easily modify the "skin" that IP Communicator ships with to include some advice text or whatever you want on the interface bevel.  We've done this for several customers successfully.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco Systems\Cisco IP Communicator\skins\images, default.bmp and mercurio.bmp

Not that this file is overwritten if you happen to upgrade IP Communicator of course.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: