Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

Cisco IP Communicator - banner

It's been requested to display a reminder that "... dialing 9-1-1 may not provide exact location and there's no guarantee performance..." to our Cisco softphone (Cisco IP Communicator) users.

Is there a method to display this message when the user launches the softphone application icon or displayed on the virtual softphone screen?

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: Cisco IP Communicator - banner

Perhaps you can use an an 'application launcher' that first displays whatever is needed, then proceeds to run CIPC.

Also note, Cisoc has product and solutions, caller 'emergency responders', that dela with this type of issues.

Thanks. I've been reading up on the Cisco Emergency Responder documentation. Not sure if that's implemented by the voice group.

I'm thinking if there's a way to change the default softphone background image or replace it with an image with the warning notice. I'm curious how others are issuing warnings to softphone users regarding using the emergency call functions.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: Cisco IP Communicator - banner

Sure you can change the 'desktop' image.

Not supported, but you can easily modify the "skin" that IP Communicator ships with to include some advice text or whatever you want on the interface bevel.  We've done this for several customers successfully.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco Systems\Cisco IP Communicator\skins\images, default.bmp and mercurio.bmp

Not that this file is overwritten if you happen to upgrade IP Communicator of course.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content