Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO IP Communicator Registration problem with CUCM7

md.sakibnaz
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all.

I am trying to register CISCO IP Communicator with CUCM7, but facing problem.

At CUCM I have created an END USER & at the ADD PHONE panel have selected IP Communicator, protocol SIP & also selected the end user which I have created. Also I have add Directory number (2500). But the softphone is not registering.

As tutorial I have followed:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5475/products_tech_note09186a008026d36f.shtml

But the tutorial is for the CUCM4. I did not found any tutorial for CUCM7. Also the web interface of CUCM4 & CUCM7 differs a lot. So I think I am missing something.

Is there any useful tutorial link for registering CISCO IP Communicator with CUCM7?

I'll be glad also if you please suggest me the steps of the web configuration for CUCM7 to make regester an CISCO IP Communicator softphone.

Expecting your reply soon.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Sakibnaz.

4 Replies 4

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

Can you try to configure the phone with SCCP protocol?

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Hello.

I have also tried with protocol SCCP, but result same. The IP Communicator v2 is not registering

Can anyone please provide me the steps regarding the registration process of IP Communicator with CUCM7?

Thanks.

Regards.

Sakibnaz.

Make sure you have "SEP" prefixed to the MAC address..

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

On the CIPC client, make sure to verify that you have it configured to send the correct MAC address to CUCM.  Since most laptops and even PC's have multiple NIC cards these days, this is often overlooked.  If you are in this situation and want to register with either NIC, then you'll need to configure the CIPC to always use a specific MAC address when it attempts to register.

Please rate helpful posts!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: