Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco ivr failover

howct7231
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Would like to know how the configuration can be done when the cisco ivr is power down or malfunction, have the ability to diverting back the extensions assigned

Please advise

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not sure exactly what you are trying to accomplish, please elaborate.

Do you have stand along IVR, or do you have IPCC enterprise?

For failvoer you need to configure call forward busy/no answer/failure on the CTI Route Points pointing to the IP-IVR.

Chris

Hi,

Have only one node of ivr, that is to say once the ivr is shutdown no redundancy to any ivr.

Would like to know is there a way when ivr is in shutdown mode, it able to divert the calls back to call manager besides only manually change in the call manager setting?

presntly my configuration as below,

hotline extension number forward to ivr extension number afterwhich distributing via cti route points.

thanks

As I said earier you can set call forward failure on the CTI Route Point to send it anywhere you want, i.e. operator. This way in case the IVR is down and unregistered it will be routed dynamically to this forward option. I also recommand that you set call forward busy and no answer to the same destination as sometimes it's little unpredictable which forward path CM will choose.

HTH, please rate all helpful posts

Chris

Hi Chris.

Thanks for the information.

Correct me if I am wrong,

If the dial hotline number is 9999 and have call forward all to 8888 which is the cti route point. I have to set 9999 call forward busy and no answer to the operator number, right?

Thanks

I would suggest setting the forward options on the cti port directly, so I would set it on 8888, but it does not hurt to set it on 9999 as well.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: