cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco MCS-7845-I3 V02 Boot Error

linwood.riddick
Level 1
Level 1

When booting the Cisco MCS-7845-I3 V02, I receive the following error: "RAID Adapter Memory Error!!! Please check the SDRAM connection." This is currently being utilized as a Cisco Unified Contact Center. I have powered off the server, disconnected all power and network cables and opened the cover to uninstall and re-install the SDRAM. I disconnected and re-connected all possible cables within the server and the error is still present. This is actually an IBM server but their support site didn't have anything useful to help resolve the issue. Has anyone seen this issue before? Thanks in advance for the help.

2 Replies 2

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Linwood,

In such a scenario you can run the IBM DSA diagnostics to identify hardware issues, the RAID controller might have gone bad as per the error.

HTH

Manish

I opened a TAC ticket and Cisco got an IBM representative to correspond with me. IBM sent us a new RAID controller and RAID controller battery, which mounts on top of the RAID controller. When we were getting the error, the hard drives didn't appear to have any LED lights lit. After replacing the RAID controller and battery, the hard drives are working fine and the system completely boots up.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: