cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Meeting Place Express 2.0 Exchange Server Configuration error.

Hi

I have Cisco Meeting  Place Express 2.0 installed on server. Meting Place uses Linux (Red Hat)  as base operation system.

I have a problem with Cisco Meeting Place Express and Exchange Server synchronizing.

The Cisco Meeting Place Settings are

Exchange Server

Hostname *

Language*

SSL   enabled *

Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express   Mailbox Account

Windows   domain *

Username *

Password *

Password   confirm *

E-mail   address *

Mailbox   maintenance interval (days) *

Mailbox   maintenance cutover (days) *

When I type the button test, I receive “Authentication error. Check the authenticated access to the Exchange Server for Microsoft NTLM authentication scheme.

My Exchange Server is synchronized with MS Active Directory. As far as I know, Kerberous is used for authentication. So, how can I enable NTLM authentication scheme on AD? Are there any other options for Cisco MPE and Exchange synchronization?

Thanks for help

Sincerely yours

Sergey Bondarenko

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I believe the domain is supposed to be the NetBIOS form of the domain (e.g. uclab), not the FQDN format of it (e.g. uclab.com)

View solution in original post

Jonathan is correct on that.  You can drop the .com from the domain name.  Also, what version of Exchange are you running?  If you are using SSL then you will need to install the certificate on the MPE server as well.  If you are running Exchange 2007, you'll need to check that the version of MPE 2.0 you are running supports Exchange 2007 integration.  If you were on 2.1, I could tell you that this is not an issue at all - however, with 2.0 you'll need to check this out based on what you're running.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I believe the domain is supposed to be the NetBIOS form of the domain (e.g. uclab), not the FQDN format of it (e.g. uclab.com)

Jonathan is correct on that.  You can drop the .com from the domain name.  Also, what version of Exchange are you running?  If you are using SSL then you will need to install the certificate on the MPE server as well.  If you are running Exchange 2007, you'll need to check that the version of MPE 2.0 you are running supports Exchange 2007 integration.  If you were on 2.1, I could tell you that this is not an issue at all - however, with 2.0 you'll need to check this out based on what you're running.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Thanks a lot.

I have corrected domain name in configuration after your advice. Cisco MPE Exchange Configuration is working very well now. I’m able to start a meeting from the outlook calendar and send messages to meeting participants.

Thank you very march for your assistance!

Sincerely yours

Sergey Bondarenko

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: