cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Mobile 8.0 for Iphone and Presence

mtmachen
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any plan to provide Presence and IM to the Mobile 8.0 client in the future?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

Yes.  Of course.  But it won't be in 8.0.  No ETA yet.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

Yes.  Of course.  But it won't be in 8.0.  No ETA yet.

Michael

Michael you are on top of it as usual.  Our enterprise is looking forward to the day that our presence and UC is integrated in Iphone and Android without a 3rd product (mobilility or other FMC vendor). 

BTW, I enjoy your blog and rely heavily on you for Presence information.  Any time I see htluo, I know the information can be relied upon.

mtmachen
Level 1
Level 1

Couple of more questions.

1.     When will the updated 8.0 version be available for Iphone that will operate in the background?

2.     When will a Droid version be available?

3.     If you are committed to Iphone an Droid only (no bberry or symbian os), is there any reason to implement the Cisco Unified Mobility product?

1.     When will the updated 8.0 version be available for Iphone that will operate in the background?

8.0 on iPhone has been available for a while.  There's no ETA on next release (8.5 maybe?)

2.     When will a Droid version be available?

ETA Nov 2010.

3.      If you are committed to Iphone an Droid only (no bberry or symbian os),  is there any reason to implement the Cisco Unified Mobility product?

Not sure what Cisco Unified Mobility product you were referring to.

"Cisco Unified Mobility" is the feature on CUCM that provides SNR (Single Number Reach), MVA (Mobile Voice Access) and EFA (Enterprise Feature Access).  It has nothing to do with iPhone or Droid.

Michael

1.  The current Iphone App cannot multi-task.  That is, you must keep it open or shake to lock in order to receive calls.  With Iphone OS 4, multitasking is available so is there efforts in place to allow Cisco Mobile 8 to work in the background?  Is that more clear?

2.     I use Unified Mobility (SNR and MVA), I meant is there any reason for Unified Mobility Advantage Server if you are committed to Iphone and Droid products?

Oh and while were at it, can anyone figure out how to make Cisco stop using similar names for each product (Cisco Mobile 8, Cisco Unified Mobility, Cisco Unified Mobile Communicator)

Yes, multi-tasking is being worked by developers.

CUMA server will eventually go away.  The future version of BB, Nokia, WinMobile client will not need CUMA server.

Michael

NIce to hear about the multi-tasking and the Mobile server. Any idea on time lines for those two updates?

here any plans to allow Cisco Mobile to work through the ASA phone proxy?  It is a bit frustrating knowing that you have to be on the network (either wifi or vpn) in order to connect.  The same question goes to the VM and directory connections, will there be a way in the future to not require the internal network connection?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: