Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Mobile 8.0 for iPhone

f.giordano
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I just downloaded the new client for iPhone. I've read it supposed to work without CUMA

However, I didn't succeed to register the device on my CCM (7.1(3)).

I created a Basic Sip device with digest auth. and associated with the username.

Unfortunately, i have an error message during wizard setup " DEVICE CONFIGURATION NOT FOUND"

The software is asking for:

DEVICE ID: I've put the SEPXXXXXXXXXXXX

TFTP SERVER: CUCM@

SIP DIGEST USERNAME: I'v put the dn

SIP DIGEST PASSWORD: I'v put the dn

Any idea ?

THX

Fabian

60 Replies 60

No, I didn't restart the cluster since it's not mentionned in the release note...

I restarted CallManager, TFTP and Tomcat Services.

Fabian

Do you have to reboot or just restart the Call Manager Service?  I'm getting ready to

try it on 7.1.3.

We rebooted our cluster as per the document. We tried just restarting TomCat and TFTP but the Voice portion of the client would not work. We scheduled a time to reboot the cluster which got the app up and running. Restarting teh Call manager service may have achieved the same result, but we didn't bother.

Step 11 Reboot all Cisco Unified Communications Manager servers at a time of low usage.

Michael,

Are you using Application Dialing Rules, if so how did you make it work?

Thanks,

Shaun

Hi Shaun,

I'm using Application Dialling Rules with Cisco Mobile 8.0. You can't go too far wrong if you follow the instructions in the Administration Guide, and upload the file that it mentions you need to get hold of, to your TFTP server. I modified mine and gave it a more meaningful name before I placed it on there.

As long as you restart the TFTP service, and specifiy the full address to the XML file in 'Application Dial Rules URL' it should just work.

Hi Ben,

This is what is interesting, I already installed/restarted for that COP file.  The contents of that file show:

I didn't think I need to actually put the "Application Dial Rules URL" --- only if I was using a different name/location for that file.

Actually, yes - sorry, if you don't rename the file you're not supposed to need to put anything in that field, I just chose to rename mine to make it more meaningful.

But the file as you've discovered is pretty empty to begin with, so if you upload it as is it won't do anything.

My rules so far are just set to add a 9 at the beginning of longer numbers (11 digits with area code, 6 without) so that if I choose to call a contact from my iPhone contacts it will work. Similarly, as our extension numbers are the last four digits of the company numbers, I remove the prior digits so that if again I use an iPhone work contact it just dials the extension number rather than the full number. And then finally, if any other numbers begin with +44 (the UK dial code), I take that off and replace it with numbers our phone system will recognise.

Yours will vary depending on what numbers your phone system will cope with, and what form the numbers in your user's iphones are likely to take, but if it helps, I have (where I've replaced our company number's initial digits with 1234567):

Ben,

Thanks for the info .. now this is getting pretty "odd".

I can't overwrite that file nor upload a new file, even after shutting down the tFTP service.

I thought I could just add the rule via:

Call Routing > Dial Rules > Application Dial Rules

Cisco Mobile 8.0 appears to ignore the Application Dial Rules in Call Routing > Dial Rules, so you do need to create your own in that AppDialRules.xml file. Besides, there may be some rules you'd only want to apply to mobile users.

You only need to restart the TFTP service after you've uploaded the file, are you uploading it in the 'TFTP File Management' section of the OS Administration site? Can't think of any reason why this wouldn't work, if you rename it to something else does it work? Or if you delete the current one?

Hi Ben,

Pretty strange, I couldn't upload anything unto the CUPC directory or make any modifications to those files.

However, I just uploaded "CiscoMobile-APR.xml" to "/" and now Cisco Mobile is dialing perfect.

I do notice when clicking on an existing contact's phone number the display shows "5 + the 10 digit number", i.e. 51112223333, when it's dialing the number.

However, if I just dial the number manually, the "5" is then removed, and the "formatting of the number" looks good. i.e. looks like (111) 222-3333.

Just minor details..... at least it is working now, thanks for you assistance.

Now if the Caller ID on the SIP trunks would look good---then it would be time for a beer.

Thanks again.

Ben,

I have it all working except for the directory.  I've uploaded the cop file and I've verified that the directory CUPC exists in the TFTP and that the two xml files are in there.

Now, I guess I need to enter the path for this file(s) in my dual phone config; right?

what's the path? My files are in the default location.

thanks

HI, works in UCM 7.0?

I managed to get it working ok with CM 7.1(3) after loading the COP file -- one quick question though...

On the configuration for the Cisco Mobile 8.0 application, there is an option to enable "Contact Pictures" -- I'm guessing this doesn't work on this version?  Anyone else had that working?

Thanks.

Hi,

This feature will be enable when the field "LDAP Photo Location" will be supported.

And it's not in this version...

Fabian

Thanks for the speedy reply... I literally just saw that on the admin guide seconds after I posted...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cumc/cisco_mobile/iPhone/8_0/Cisco_Mobile_iPhone_8x_Admin_Guide.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: