cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Mobile Connect "You are not a valid mobile phone user" error

mmedwid
Level 3
Level 3

I am trying to configure Single Number Access aka Mobile Connect.  I think I have all the pieces configured

except I can not configure Owner User ID for my phone.  That field is greyed out.  Any idea why that might be?

I added the mobility soft key, the end user, the IP phone is configured and working.  I have a remote destination

profile with my land line is associated with it and a remote destination is associated with it.  In service parameters

I activated the Cisco Unified Mobile Voice Access Service on the publisher.  Does it have to be activated on my

subscriber too?  Any other thoughts on why I might be getting this message and why Owner User ID is grayed out?  

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/6x/mobilapp.html

6 Replies 6

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

Owner ID field was grey out because you have EM (Extension Mobility) enabled for the phone.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

I think this will be the issue - that I had extension mobility enabled.  I am at a remote site today but will test it out tomorrow. 

In future versions does Cisco find a way for extension mobility and mobile connect to co-exist?  Avaya has had their EC500

which is like Mobile Connect and extension mobility equivalent for years.

Yes - Extension Mobility and Mobile Connect can co-exist.

- Disable Extension Mobility checkbox on the device and save
- populate the Owner User ID used for Mobile Connect (in the RDP config page)
- re-enable EM checkbox, save and reset the phone

- Sriram
§

Well the issue appears more basic after all!  System/Licensing/Capabilities Assignment...check CUP Cisco Unified Presence. 

I still don't have it ringing my cell phone.  But at least my phone now says "Mobile Connect On" instead of the error. 

Thanks all.

What version of CallManager are you running ? Please check the following :

- the Rerouting Calling Search Space on the RDP configured so that it can access the partition to route the call to your cell phone

- your Remote Destination number configured exactly as you would dial from the IP phone in your CallManager network

- The 'Enable Mobile Connect', 'Mobile Phone' and 'Line Association' checkboxes on the RD config page are checked

- 'Enable Mobility' is checked on the end user config page (who is being used for Mobile Connect)

- The RDP DN and partition is the same as for your desk phone

For now, don't use any access lists or time schedules - set it to ring All the Time and No Access Lists.

- Sriram

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: