cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Mobile (NOT 8.0) and Cuma not working

tahequivoice
Level 2
Level 2

We are trying to get it to work, but it just times out with error 1213.  Captures on the ASA show that the iPhone is connecting to CUMA, but only responses back are on port 5443, as if Cuma is requesting something from the iphone, and not receiving it.  The phone shows, Cisco Mobile experienced a problem connecting to server. Unable to connect to Mobility Server, Request timed out (1213)

Maybe it is how the phone is configured in the CUCM server. 

We followed the doc for setting up the ASA to talk to CUMA, and all that appears to be working now that we used the correct CA. I had different errors using a Globalsign cert, Geotrust is now installed and working OK.

2 Replies 2

Bryan Geoghan
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever figure out why you were getting that error when trying to connect? I am getting it as well.

will.alvord
Level 5
Level 5

I'm troubleshooting what appears to be the same issue.  I don't know much about CUMA, but the APNS cert expired on July 26, 2012.  An updated cert was posted to CCO on August 14, but I haven't been able to get it installed as of yet so can't say for certain that it solves the issue.  The readme leads to this URL:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuma/7_1/apns_cert/CUMA_APNS_Cert.html

That URL is outdated and lists details from last year's cert and either the cert is invalid or the listed 'cisco12345' password is wrong because the instructions don't work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: