Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco MPX and host name

Hello I just installed Cisco MPX and when trying to load the license it says it has uploaded succesful but it doesn't seem to take it.

It seems like the mpx_lm is starting but the "lmrgd" (can't remeber exact name) can't start.

I went to CLI and issued a mpx_lm -v restart and it showed the subprocess could start because of the host name.

My question is if there is a limitation on length of the hostname with domain sufix. seems like it cut out the last 3 characters. Or should I verify somewhere on MPX app that the name is complete in there?

As I test I changed the host name in the server eth0, removed the last 3 characters and the service came up and the licenses uploaded successfully. I would like to have the complete name if possible.

The length is about 35 char and it cuts it to 32.

hostname:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.xxxxxxxx.xxx.xx.xxx

cuts it to:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.xxxxxxxx.xxx.xx.

Thanks,

RPH

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: Cisco MPX and host name

Hi Raul,

The 32 characters is the FQDN maximum :(

Have a look at the following;

Host Name

An arbitrary name for the eth0 host

This must be a Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN).

Can include any letters in upper or lower case, any numbers, period, and the dash symbol (-). Must be 32 characters or less and must start with a letter.

Example: mpxSystem.cisco.com

From this MeetingPlace Express installation doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6533/products_installation_guide_chapter09186a00807883a2.html#wp1176976

Hope this helps!

Rob

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: Cisco MPX and host name

Hi Raul,

The 32 characters is the FQDN maximum :(

Have a look at the following;

Host Name

An arbitrary name for the eth0 host

This must be a Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN).

Can include any letters in upper or lower case, any numbers, period, and the dash symbol (-). Must be 32 characters or less and must start with a letter.

Example: mpxSystem.cisco.com

From this MeetingPlace Express installation doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6533/products_installation_guide_chapter09186a00807883a2.html#wp1176976

Hope this helps!

Rob

Views
Helpful
Replies