Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cisco Presence 8.5 and Deskphone Control

Hi there,

I just installed the latest version of Cisco Unfied Presence (CUPS) 8.5. I can't find the "Deskphone Control" option anymore. Is there any change how the Deskphone is associated to a CUPC? I couldn't find it.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ysana

2 REPLIES
Super Bronze

Hi

No - the 'deskphone control' option is not related to CUPC at all. It's for MOC/OCS/Lync Remote Call Control. At some point previously is was 'MOC Call Control', then confusingly got renamed to 'desk phone control'. On the very latest, it has a MOC/OCS related label again!

CUPC device association is done through the CTI controllable devices assigned in CUCM, and the assignment of CTI Servers/Profile in CUPS Admin.

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Gold

Good stuff from Aaron.

In addition, I've just completed an upgrade from CUPS 6.x to CUPS 8.x and had all kinds of problems. My LDAP profiles were converted to using SSL for some reason and deassigned from all users which caused a lot of head scratching.

What we did find was that the CUPC client does not show the option (check box) to switch between desk phone and soft phone mode UNLESS everything is configured and working correctly. This is very different to the way CUPC 6.x works. Despite all of this working before we upgraded, a fair amount of stuff got broken during the upgrade and we had to go through each user / phone one at a time to confirm all of the settings were correct. You also need to rebuild your device definitions on CUCM to be the CSF device type.

Painful upgrade it is fair to say. CUPS is complex enough to configure at the best of times without the upgrade breaking a load of stuff that was already working.. Good job I document everything I do

HTH. Barry

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content