cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Collaboration Deployment with BE7K and VMWare license

John Palmason
Level 4
Level 4

Hello, I am looking for some help trying to figure out if Cisco Prime Collaboration Deployment can be used to upgrade our existing 7.1.5 cluster.  From what I have read there is a API problem with the VMWare license that comes with the BE7K.  But after reviewing the BOM/quote from my VAR it lists the foundation license which based of the release notes is supported.

UCSS-U-VMW-FND-5-1

UCSS Cisco UC Virt. Foundation  Five Year - 1 server

Has anybody out there had expericne with PCD and BE7K'?

This is from release notes of PCD

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/10_5_1/CUCM_BK_P139675A_00_pcd-rns-1051/CUCM_BK_P139675A_00_pcd-rns-1051_chapter_010.html

Search for “Business Edition 7000” and it will state it is not supported with PCD.  It is because the licenses that the BE 6k and 7K are shipped with don’t enable certain VMware APIs that PCD needs.

“Virtualization Software License Compatibility

Cisco Prime Collaboration Deployment is not compatible with all license types of VMware vSphere ESXi, as some licenses do not enable required VMware APIs.

The following are compatible with Cisco Prime Collaboration Deployment:

• Cisco UC Virtualization Foundation (appears as "Foundation Edition" in vSphere Client)
  • VMware vSphere Standard Edition, Enterprise Edition, or Enterprise Plus Edition
  • Evaluation mode license

The following are not compatible with Cisco Prime Collaboration Deployment:

• Cisco UC Virtualization Hypervisor (appears as "Hypervisor Edition" in vSphere Client)-preloaded on Cisco Business Edition 6000 and Business Edition 7000
  • VMware vSphere Hypervisor Edition

Any help would be appreacted.

JP

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The "default" license for a 6K and 7K is HYP, if you bought FND, you have no problem.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Jamie for repsonding, we haven't made any purchase's yet but I wanted to ensure we are purchasing a solution that won't lead to a lot of frustration.  We only have 1000 phones so we are pretty small and the BE7K seems to be a good fit and value.

Cheers,

Hi Jamie,

If i have the license as UCSS-U-VMW-FND-1-1 (UCSS Cisco UC Virt.Foundation One Year - 1 server) for BE7K server, will the PCD work in this.

Please confirm.

Regards,

Raaj.

The PCD documentation, and the snip they posted on the original question of this thread, covers which ESXi licensing is required.

And the name is Jaime, not Jamie.

HTH

java

hi Jaime,

is there any different ESX Foundation license for BE6K and BE7K ?  means when we used it now for BE6K then we replace with BE7K, can we transfer the ESX Foundation license from BE6K?

tks,

K

I don't believe there's anything different, but I'm not sure if from a support/purchase point of view, that is something you're allowed to do. I'd suggest you reach out to your SE for that.

HTH

java

change the vm ESXi licensing to evaluation mode licensing.

Use the PCD to do the migration and put the licensing back when done.

The evaluation license will give you access to everything.

rh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: