cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Sync Agent is not running - IM and Presence 10.x (new installed)

Roger Jin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I recently re-installed my lab UC with version 10, however I could not get "Cisco Sync Agent" service running on IM server.

Everything else looks fine. I think I must miss reconfigured something however I went through the document, could not figure out.

I have added the IM server into the CUCM. What else I need to do?

24 Replies 24

Md Hasan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It might be necessary to go into root to fix this issue, please open a TAC case to seek additional help if you are still having this issue.

prakashar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am facing the same issue with IM&Presence 10.0.1 integration with CUCM 10.0.1. Where is this password tab. I am not finding any on the Im&Presence admin page. It used to be appearing in the previous versions

You can change the password by cli

prakashar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

This password has to be reset on the Presence server isnt it?

Can you please share teh syntax or a guide reference where this is specifically mentioned about axl password change on presence server

K L
Level 4
Level 4

I am running into the same issue with a client currently.

Has anyone been able to resolve it? Can you please post the resolution steps or fix?

We have a CUCM 10.5 cluster (1Pub 1Sub) with a single CIMP 10.5 node. Everything was working smoothly for the first few months (~3) but after a power outage the users are no longer being synced from CUCM to CIMP. In the CIMP troubleshooter we are seeing an error stating Cisco IM and Presence Data Monitor service is not running, when it is. We notice that the Cisco Sync Agent service is in a Not Running state. If we try to start it it will sit there for a while with a status of Starting and then go back to Not Running. We did a restart of the CIMP node again to no avail.

We also see in the logs:

"2015-07-27 23:27:56,660 ERROR [AXL Runner for parent thread ID:1 (main)] axl.AXLClientLogger - sendSOAPRequest() :: 401-Permission Denied.Authorisation failed. Possibly invalid credentials"

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

----------------------------------------
Cisco UC Architect

If i were in your shoes I would try to do something with AXL user, for example, recreate AXL user in CUCM with the same login and password. or change them.

After working with TAC we found that the appadmin user (same as AXL user in 10.5) for the CUCM cluster password had to be changed AND we were hitting a bug that the CUCM appadmin password cannot contain certain characters for integration with CIMP.

Cisco UC Architect

Do you have a document that states that or a bug id ?

Appologies but I cannot locate this at this time, I tried to find it again. It was for the AXL user (now appadmin) password cannot contain certain characters to be used for CM connectivity.

This may or may not be the same root problem you are running into.

Cisco UC Architect

I believe it's this bug;

Sync Agent doesnt start after fresh install or upgrade to 10.0.1/10.5
CSCuq00519
Cheers!
Rob
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: