Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

cisco ucs express e blade servers

we are thinking of going with cisco ucs express for branch offices. right now we run 2 esxi servers in the remote office with smal shared san storage.

what do I need for ucs express to match the same?

the current servers have 32-48gb ram and sahred storage have about 2TB

can ucs express do shared san? or do I need to purchase another san to connect to the ucs express chassis?

also what is the difference between single wide and double wide blades?

2 REPLIES

Although the Cisco UCS E

Although the Cisco UCS E-Series management interface is similar to that for Cisco UCS C-Series standalone management, it uses the same Cisco UCS C-Series IMC, and will be immediately familiar to anyone who uses the Cisco UCS C-Series management tools. Cisco UCS E-Series management is not integrated into Cisco UCS Manager today because of the differences in features and deployment scenarios for the Cisco UCS B-Series, C-Series, and E-Series product lines. Integration into Cisco UCS Manager would imply integration into the Cisco Unified Computing System™ (Cisco UCS) fabric interconnects, which are unlikely to be deployed in branch offices

can ucs express support 2

can ucs express support 2 double wide blades? If storage is local, how do I do shared san storage for vmotion and redundancy?

Views
Helpful
Replies