cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unified CM Console

gricherson1
Level 1
Level 1

I am unable to sign on to Cisco Unified CM Console using what I thought were good IDs and Password.

How can I reset my password?

2 Replies 2

You mean CLI password? which cucm version?

For version 9:

www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cucos/9_1_1/CUCM_BK_C5D96C80_00_cucm-os-admin-guide-91/CUCM_BK_C5D96C80_00_cucm-os-admin-guide-91_chapter_010.pdf

For version 5 to 8 read the following info taked from this post:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/65041/how-reset-passwords-cucm

If  you do not remember the Administrator and/or Security passwords, you  can follow the bellow steps in order to reset the Administrator  password. This procedure can be done with CUCM 5, CUCM 6, CUCM 7 and  CUCM 8:

Step 1 Log in to the system with the following username and password:

•Username: pwrecovery

•Password: pwreset

The Welcome to admin password reset window displays.

Step 2 Press any key to continue.

Step 3 If you have a CD or DVD in the disk drive, remove it now.

Step 4 Press any key to continue.

The system tests to ensure that you have removed the CD or DVD from the disk drive.

Step 5 Insert a valid CD or DVD into the disk drive.

The system tests to ensure that you have inserted the disk.

Step 6 After the system verifies that you have inserted the disk, you get prompted to enter a new Administrator password.

Note The system resets the Administrator username to admin. If you want to set up a different Administrator username and password, use the CLI command set password

Step 7 Reenter the new password.

The  system checks the new password for strength. If the password does not  contain enough different characters, you get prompted to enter a new  password.

Step 8 After  the system verifies the strength of the new password, the password gets  reset, and you get prompted to press any key to exit the password reset  utility.

Note To  perform the password reset process, you must be connected to the   system through the system console, that is, you must have a keyboard  and  monitor connected to the server. You cannot reset a password when   connected to the system through a secure shell session.

Hope It helps, rate useful answers