Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unified Personal Communicator Chatting Option

eemara949
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

Is there a chatting option in the Cisco Unified Personal Communicator?

kindly help

Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mknepper
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, currently only works within the CUPC environment and you need CUPS to drive it. It is a basic IM environment -- no federation (yet), no message archiving, no group chat and no persistant chat.

Would appreciate anyone chiming in on features of an Enterprise IM that an OCS or IBM Sametime environment would have that CUPS is lacking -- I'm trying to create a little cheat sheet on the major differences and listed above is what I have so far.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

mknepper
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, currently only works within the CUPC environment and you need CUPS to drive it. It is a basic IM environment -- no federation (yet), no message archiving, no group chat and no persistant chat.

Would appreciate anyone chiming in on features of an Enterprise IM that an OCS or IBM Sametime environment would have that CUPS is lacking -- I'm trying to create a little cheat sheet on the major differences and listed above is what I have so far.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: