cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unified Personal Communicator on CUCM 6.0

shikamarunara
Level 4
Level 4

I'm begining to get into Personal Communicator (PC) for our CUCM 6.0 system. Correct me if I'm wrong, please, but PC seems to be more related to Cisco Unified Presence and as such I don't know if a problem I am running into is related to licensing (CUP is integrated with CUCM 6.0, is not a separate server as in version 5.X).

Okay, here is my question; I've created a Cisco Personal Communicator device and named it appropriately (UPCUSERNAME). I've added CUPS and CPC license capabilities to the user account and associated the user account to the CPC device I created. I'm still getting login failures ("Login failed. Unable to connect to your login server"). I don't see CUPS as a service in Serviceability or anywhere else, but this might be normal because it is integrated now. Is this possibly a licensing issue, or have I missed a configuration step?

-Shikamaru

3 Replies 3

okuehn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Shikamaru,

definitively CUPS 6.0 is not integrated with CUCM 6.0 (i think it entails only a 10 user license for free). thus, you need to setup up a separate CUPS server in order to use CUPC.

for further readings see http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/6_0_1/install_upgrade/deployment/guide/dgintro.html

hope this helps! if so please rate

Oliver

So . . . it comes with a 10 user license but you can't use it until you install CUPS 6.0?

-Shikamaru

P.S: I'm sorry, I got my changes mixed up. Mobility Manager is integrated with CUCM 6.0, not CUPS.

Steven Landon
Level 1
Level 1

the client needs to login to CUPS....not CUCM

Regards,
Steve
Please rate all helpful posts.