Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Unified Presence User-Licence

Hello,

I have a customer configure cisco unfied presence 8.6 with HA nodes.Regarding the license ,I have CUP license for additional two node server and Users license. I would like to know do I need to upload the user license on CUCM as the cluster that consists of two CUCM nodes has already enough users uploaded and as far as i know each CUPC will be calculated from the DLU of the end users uploaded on CUCM.

If i have to upload the user licenses, Shall i generate the PAK with CUCM mac address or CUP mac address and where to upload it?.

Hope to help me guys to figure out this issue.

Thanks,

Amr Sherif

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Amr,

please read the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/8_0/english/install_upgrade/deployment/guide/dglic.html

so your users are anbled for presence capabilities, using one DLU per user, through CUCM (check the licensing report for the calculations)

tha CUPS itself, in production mode,

For Cisco Unified Presence Release 8.x, you must provide the MAC address of the physical server or the License MAC value of the VMware server to obtain the Cisco Unified Presence licenses. You can only upload a license file issued for a physical server to a physical server. Similarly, you can only upload a VMware license file to a VMware server.

hope it helps, if so please rate

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

2 REPLIES

Amr,

please read the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/8_0/english/install_upgrade/deployment/guide/dglic.html

so your users are anbled for presence capabilities, using one DLU per user, through CUCM (check the licensing report for the calculations)

tha CUPS itself, in production mode,

For Cisco Unified Presence Release 8.x, you must provide the MAC address of the physical server or the License MAC value of the VMware server to obtain the Cisco Unified Presence licenses. You can only upload a license file issued for a physical server to a physical server. Similarly, you can only upload a VMware license file to a VMware server.

hope it helps, if so please rate

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Hi Minkdennis,

Thanks alot that was helpful. The license go well and life is good .

you earn 5 points

Thanks,

Amr Sherif

Views
Helpful
Replies