cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco unity 4.0(5)

csco10814931
Level 1
Level 1

I'm installing unity 4.0(5) on server 2003/exchange 2003/sql 2005. I came to an alert an hour into the installation which read:

-\Documents and Settings\unityinstall\Local Settings\Temp\tempu*_*

-\Documents and Settings\unityinstall\Local Settings\Temp\SysCheck*_*

-\Documents and Settings\unityinstall\Local Settings\Temp\AV*_*

-\Documents and Settings\unityinstall\Local Settings\Temp\CommServer_*_*, including all subdirectories

-\Commserver\Logs\Osq\Dump_*_*.txt

-\Commserver\Logs\diag_Install*_*_.txt

-\Commserver\Logs\CfgCUApp_*_*.txt

The alert instructs me to find and send the following to TAC. I have all the files except the -\Temp\AV*_* file. How do I fix this problem?

5 Replies 5

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

sql 2005 is not supported.

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I hope you were trying to install Unity with the Exchange 2003 on another server. Exch 2003 mailstore on the same server as unity is not supported.

I installed SQL 2000 SP3 and reinstalled Exchange 2003 Administration software with system management tools only (as directed in the installation guide). Now I'm having problems with extending the active directory schema setup. The error reads :

Setup failed to initialize active directory.

Please verify the following:

1) that your network connection is active.

2) that active directory services are running

3) that you are logged on to the schema master

4) that you are a member of the schema admins security group.

5) that remote access to the registry has not been restricted per MS knowledge base article 153183.

Is your Unity's DNS pointing to the domain controller's DNS or to another DNS on the internet?

Update your profile with an email address and I'll contact you if you have further problems.

I updated my profile and I am not certain.