cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity 4.1(2) Voicemail Bulk Reset

Tony LaSoya
Level 1
Level 1

I am wondering as to the best practice for rebuilding voicemail boxes in Unity 4.1(2).

I have 1100 VM boxes that are used by students in dorms at the university I am employed at. I have a request to clean out all the old messages, and set these mailboxes to auto-enroll. The old messages need to be removed for privacy issues. So, basically a fresh start.

Using some of the bulk tools, I see I can delete these boxes, both in Unity and Exchange. I can then do a bulk import of the data, recreating the mailboxes. Is this the only way to do this? Will this put a strain on Unity/Exchange to do in bulk?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

tim.giles
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

You are correct mate, the best way to do this is to BulkSubscriberDelete and then CiscoUnityBulkImport all the new students.

You can then set them for auto-enrollment via BulkEdit.

Shouldn't have too much of an impact on Unity/Exchange but due to the size of users (1100) I would suggest doing this out-of-hours.

Please rate post....

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

tim.giles
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

You are correct mate, the best way to do this is to BulkSubscriberDelete and then CiscoUnityBulkImport all the new students.

You can then set them for auto-enrollment via BulkEdit.

Shouldn't have too much of an impact on Unity/Exchange but due to the size of users (1100) I would suggest doing this out-of-hours.

Please rate post....

Thanks for the verification!

Is this something I should do off hours as to not impact performance, or will Unity/Exchange manage the processing to not impact live users?

Sorry... I misread the last line of your reply where you actually answered the question above!

Thanks again!