Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Unity 4.1(2) Voicemail Bulk Reset

I am wondering as to the best practice for rebuilding voicemail boxes in Unity 4.1(2).

I have 1100 VM boxes that are used by students in dorms at the university I am employed at. I have a request to clean out all the old messages, and set these mailboxes to auto-enroll. The old messages need to be removed for privacy issues. So, basically a fresh start.

Using some of the bulk tools, I see I can delete these boxes, both in Unity and Exchange. I can then do a bulk import of the data, recreating the mailboxes. Is this the only way to do this? Will this put a strain on Unity/Exchange to do in bulk?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Silver

Re: Cisco Unity 4.1(2) Voicemail Bulk Reset

Hi,

You are correct mate, the best way to do this is to BulkSubscriberDelete and then CiscoUnityBulkImport all the new students.

You can then set them for auto-enrollment via BulkEdit.

Shouldn't have too much of an impact on Unity/Exchange but due to the size of users (1100) I would suggest doing this out-of-hours.

Please rate post....

3 REPLIES
Silver

Hi,

You are correct mate, the best way to do this is to BulkSubscriberDelete and then CiscoUnityBulkImport all the new students.

You can then set them for auto-enrollment via BulkEdit.

Shouldn't have too much of an impact on Unity/Exchange but due to the size of users (1100) I would suggest doing this out-of-hours.

Please rate post....

Thanks for the verification!

Is this something I should do off hours as to not impact performance, or will Unity/Exchange manage the processing to not impact live users?

Sorry... I misread the last line of your reply where you actually answered the question above!

Thanks again!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content