cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity 5.0 - Exchange 2003 Message Waiting Indicator Delay

sienz.sienz
Level 1
Level 1

I got a problem with the Message Waiting Indicator. It takes about 5 minutes for the Unity to notify the phone that there is a new message.

The VM is arriving normally in the email inbox and I can check the new message through the phone.

So it seems that the Unity is sync very slowly,

After I checked the new message and delete it, the indicator is still there for about 1 minutes, not as bad as when it is arriving.

Is there any solution or optimizer that can help to solve this issue?

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

i would recommend using the MBXsuite to determine if the issue is really unity of if your exchange box is the one slowing the process.

that would define what needs troubleshooting

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Thanks,

I assume that MBXsuite apps is already in the Unity Server and ready to be used.

-Sienz

Use MbxSuite.exe to Isolate the Source of Delays

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a0080094a51.shtml#mbxsuite.exe

you should see a message: TABLE_ROW_ADDED immediately after you leave a VM

Message Waiting Indicators (MWIs)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/troubleshooting/guide/ex/5xcutsg080e.html

use VNC or console, no rdp.

log with msgstore account

open mbxsuite, select the troubled user, check verbose, log in.

then do the test, the troubleshooting link explains the usage of each message, until unity receives the right message, the MWI process starts.

if you don't see it right away, most probably exchange issue

if you see it but no MWI, most probably unity

HTH

java

HTH

java

awesome post! Thanks Java!

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

How many items are in the subscriber's inbox? If there are 1000's of items, that could be the issue as well.

Quick test would be to move all Inbox items to a subfolder in Outlook. (basically its empty) Leave a Voicemail and see how log it takes and compare.

I was using my test inbox and it has only about 20 items. I also have 2 other test mailboxes that only has 3 and 0 messages and all of them were Unity messages (brand new accounts as well)

I run the permissionz wizards and message store wizard yesterday morning. I also have rebooted both Unity servers couple time.

But it seems the issue is happening before this. I got a complain for 2 users 2 weeks ago.

Sienz, I am having the same issue with a Unified Unity 7.0 and Exchange 2003, you were able to find the fix for this? All my logs points to the Exchange server.

Thanks,

Oscar Perez

Hi, Oscar, sorry, I don't remember exactly what we did. But here is my notes about this issue. I am sure exactly if my notes will fix it or not.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a0080711ae3.shtml

stopped/restarted the AvNotifierMgr service and then resynced UTIM

Sorry, hope you have fixed your MWI issue

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: