cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity 7 Virtual Machine upgrade to Cisco Unity Connection 8 Virtual Machine

dan hale
Level 3
Level 3

Hi All, I have an install that currently has Cisco Unity 7.0(2) running as a virtual machine. We need to do an upgrade to the latest version of Cisco Unity Connection also on a Virtual Machine.

Is there a upgrade path and a walk-through for this process? Also has anyone else did this process, if so any words of advice?

Thanks,

Dan

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
We do not have a specific guide on VM to VM but we have this:

Migrating from a Cisco Unity Connection  Physical Server to a Connection 8.x Virtual Machine

On the left the 2 topics above this one are Unity to CUC migration, you can get some information about the procedure there.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk
HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If this is a production system, then you would want to follow the proper guidelines for installing Unity Connection 8 in VMWare.  From there, you could use COBRAS which is the migration tool to get from Unity to Unity Connection.  I've done this many times in my lab environment...I just haven't used CUC 8 as I don't typically go with dot zero releases for many reasons.  Read the COBRAS help file at www.ciscounitytools.com and you can reference some of my materials here:

http://www.netcraftsmen.net/user-group/c-mug-archive/824-cisco-unity-connection-migration.html

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Great Thanks guys for the info! One other question, since im going the VMware route I'm just going to build another VM server and import the data from COBRAS as reccomended however, I would like to keep the old VMware server running until I know that Unity Conenction is 100% ready to go. And if there is an issue switch back if needed.

What is the best way to do this? Should I leave the old IP on the old VMware machine and give Unity Connection a new address? And by doing this method will I run into any issues?

It seems like a simple process however, I'm used to the older versions of Unity where it had the "Manage Intergrations" application where you could easily change the server IP address to Call Manager and and VM ports.

Thanks,

Dan

Build CUC as new so you can keep the old IP on the Unity server.  You shouldn't run into any issues based on IP address - COBRAS doesn't care.  As far as the UTIM ("Manage Integration"), you still have that on even newer versions of Unity.  In CUC, you control integration thru Port Group settings.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: