Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity 7.x Call Handler

p.holley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In other versions of Unity, I was able to create a Call handler and have caller input point to another call handler that can then transfer to the extension configured in CUCM.

In Unity 7.x I find that I cannot dor this. On a CH caller input, I can only configure subscriber accounts that will allow me transfer calls to the extension. Is there any option in Unity that needs enabling to allow me to attempt to transfer for an extension configured on a call handler?

Cheers

8 Replies 8

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Unity 7.x has not significantly changed as far as functionality with Call Handler/Conversation concepts.  You can create a Call Handler, assign caller input to transfer to a "Call Handler" dropdown menu using "Attempt Transfer To".  On that call handler you're transferring to, change the Call Transfer settings to "Yes Ring This Extension" and enter the extension you wish that call handler to dial.

I may be misunderstanding your exact design, but the functionality is there.

Hope that helps,

Brad

that's exactly what i have done and have been doing on previous unity servers.

I get the "Sorry example administrator is not available, record your message after the tone"

Again, if i use a subscriber instead with the same extension as assigned to the CH above for call transfer, it works

Maybe a bug, not sure

This sounds like a configuration issue.  If you're getting the "sorry example administrator is not available" then you've most likely configured the first call handler to "send to greeting" to a particular handler rather than "attempt transfer to".  With the call handler owner being the example administrator by default, the recorded voice for these handlers usually isn't configured so that's why you're hearing "sorry example administrator is not available".  Unless you configure "attempt transfer to", you'll never reach the call transfer setting on the destination call handler and it'll go straight to the greeting.

Hope that helps,

Brad

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, it's exactly the same as any previous version

Table 7-4     Call Management > Call Handlers > Caller Input Page

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/interface_reference/guide/ex/50curg070e.html#wp1048145

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HI,

Did you get this resolved? I've got same thing on Unity 7.

Was it a bug?

Regards,

Rich

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you are in Caller Input anywhere in Unity, you can configure it to transfer to a call handler, you do not need to put in the extension for it to hit the CH.

Now, if you are trying to transfer to an extension in CUCM that is not a subscriber on your system, the only way I have found to do this was to create another call handler, adjust the transfers to this number.  It will then push it out back to CUCM.

I use this for transfers for offsite pstn.

Yes, for Unity this is the only way to transfer to a number (i.e. it must be assigned to a user or handler).

In Unity Connection you have a "free dial" option on the greetings page (checkbox called "Allow transfers to numbers no associated with users or call handlers") that allows you to dial any number you want so long as it passes the system wide "Default System Transfer" routing rule restriction table tests.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: