Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Unity 8.0 Users Import Issue

Dear,

Iam facing wiered problem while importing users to Unity 8.0 from Exchange 2010 after upgrading from Version 5.0. Following is the detailed explanation,

Initially I had Unity 5.0 installed integrated with Exchange. For example, following users were imported from exchnage:

1. User A

2. User B

3. User C

Voicemail box was working fine. But later i had to format the server due to some problem with the server.

So I had formatted the server and re-installed version 5.0 and got it integrated with exchange 2010. Then i got it upgraded to Version 8.0. Installation was successfull. But now that i am trying to add the users by importing from exchange 2010, i cannot see the above mentioned users i.e. User A, User B & User C. Others users which were not added to unity earlier are visible.

But, while i search the existing users by selecting check all Cisco Unity servers, i can see these users (User A, User B & User C). And when i select the user to see the details, it shows me that the Object is not found.

Appreciate to get some help on this. I am trying to understand from where is it reading the old data even after formatting the server.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Hi

you need to use Bunny Killer (Remove subscriber properties tool) to remove the old unity attributes of the user from Active directory so that you can import them again.

Here is the tool and help file for the same

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/Unity/RemoveSubscriberPropertiesFromAD/Help/RemoveSubscriberProperties.htm

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi

you need to use Bunny Killer (Remove subscriber properties tool) to remove the old unity attributes of the user from Active directory so that you can import them again.

Here is the tool and help file for the same

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/Unity/RemoveSubscriberPropertiesFromAD/Help/RemoveSubscriberProperties.htm

Re: Cisco Unity 8.0 Users Import Issue

Hi Mahesh,

Thank you so much. This should solve the problem. I will check it today and let you know.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi Mahesh,

That did it!! thank you so much. Really appreciate you quick reply on this..

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content