Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity 8 as Auto Attendant

adidibra1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Can you please advise for the following situation?

I have a CUCM 8.6 Cluster in VMware and a Cisco Unity 8 in VMware as well. The license for the Cisco Unity is for 200 ports and 25 Mail. The actual total extention number is 150 DNs.

How can I configure Cisco Unity as AA in order to forward the call for 150 Extensions?

Thank you

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are we really talking about Unity???

Or is this Unity Connection???

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Mark Turpin
Level 5
Level 5

Since you have 25 voicemail boxes, you will not be able to create a user entry for every person.  I'm going to assume you probably already knew that, though.

So I hope you have Unity Connection as it will be fairly easy to pull this off.  Just create a Contact for each of your users and enable the contact for transfers. 

If you have Unity, you can still achieve this with call handlers' caller input using transfers, but you are going to spend a significant amount of time creating all the call handlers.  If you have UCSS coverage, you might want to consider a Unity to Unity Connection migration which is $0, I believe.

--
-Mark Turpin

I switched to Cisco Unity Connection 8.6 but the problem is the same. I cannot forward calls to contacts. I tried with older versions 6.0 and when I add a contact, I have the possibilitty to assign an extension number. In version 8.6 I have the possibility to use only the feature transfer, but when I try to forward the call to the contact extension the message " I don't recognize this as a valid extesion" is played.

Any idea?

Hi there,

This should be most possible Check out this recent thread where we worked on

this issue;

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3539891#3539891

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: