cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco unity and domino primary

a.namnami
Level 1
Level 1

i have a cisco unity and two domino server , i want to know if the CU communicate only with primary or both of them in the same time

6 Replies 6

kvandeve
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

There is one "partner" server but you will be able to serve mailboxes on the other server as well.

The idea here is that you install the CsAdmin Component (DUCS) on the administration server for the entire directory.

The CsServer component needs to be installed on each Domino server that holds mailboxes that need to be access by Unity (so on both servers in your case)

Kurt

Hi Kurt,

And if your "partner" server is down? will you still be able to access the mailboxes?

Domino is supposed to be clustered and replicated at the backend.

Cheers,

Tim.

In a clustered Domino environment, the partner server is less important. Unity is aware of all the cluster members by their entries in the directory. As long as a replica of the mail file is available on one of the other servers, Unity will deliver the message regardless of partner server availability.

Quik question?

Can I have Unity 5 with domino as a Voice Mail only version? Looking at the installation guide for Unity 5 with Domino looks to me like Unified. I'm not a domino guy so I was wondering if Cisco Unity can run as VM only and have Notes as the message store but no connection to any other domino server like with exchange; installation is local and independent of any other exchange/AD server in a VM only Mode? If there's such a installation of Unity 5 VM Only can Unity be upgraded later to Unified/domino enviroment if the requirements calls for it?

Thanks for any input

Armando

Yes, you can certainly do this but the Domino message store still needs to be off-box. If you want an easy path to migration to UM the best bet is to still use a Domino server in the production mail environment but only DUC-enable the server holding the VM message store until you decide to switch to UM. On the Unity side it's just a licensing change, not a software upgrade.

Gary,

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question and I will proceed as described and talk to the local Domino admin about getting this going.

Thanks

Armando