Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Unity Call Handlers Caller Input Invalid Entries

I created an Automated Attendant Call Handler that allows callers to dial an extension (Caller Input) during greeting. Key 7 is not locked and waits for additional keypress. It works fine if the caller dials the correct extension number. If the caller accidentally dials a 7xxx extension that does not exist, they receive the following message from the Unity System, "I did not recognize that as a valid entry." "Hello, Cisco Unity messaging system. From a touchtone phone..." Is there a way to setup the AA Call Handler to send the caller to a Call Handler that I created instead of the Cisco Unity System Handler? The AA I created is losing control of the call when it gets sent to the system. I would like the AA to hang on to the call, provide it's own "invalid extension" message, then send the caller back to the AA Call Handler greeting. Thanks in advance for your help! -Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Cisco Unity Call Handlers Caller Input Invalid Entries

You didn't indicate your Unity version but I'm assuming a 4.x version of some flavor or another.

This can easily be done by editing the error greeting. By default this does not show up in the SA, but you can expose it by using the Advanced Settings Tool to turn it on. By default the error greeting will play that generic "I didn't understand..." prompt and send the caller to the opening greeting call handler. You can set it to loop back to itself instead.

You can also use BulkEdit (found in the tools depot on your desktop) to do this - edit the error greeting (always exposed in BulkEdit) and in the action dialog select "loop back to self" as an option - in this way you can change all call handlers and subscribers to loop the caller back to the current call handler on an invalid entry.

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

You didn't indicate your Unity version but I'm assuming a 4.x version of some flavor or another.

This can easily be done by editing the error greeting. By default this does not show up in the SA, but you can expose it by using the Advanced Settings Tool to turn it on. By default the error greeting will play that generic "I didn't understand..." prompt and send the caller to the opening greeting call handler. You can set it to loop back to itself instead.

You can also use BulkEdit (found in the tools depot on your desktop) to do this - edit the error greeting (always exposed in BulkEdit) and in the action dialog select "loop back to self" as an option - in this way you can change all call handlers and subscribers to loop the caller back to the current call handler on an invalid entry.

I really appreciated your feedback. It was exactly what I was looking for. I ended up going with the BulkEdit option and it fixed the problem. I was able to finish the project and move on to the next one. Thanks again. -Paul

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content