cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity Call-Screening

Rajesh Revuru
Level 4
Level 4

My cisco unity assistant doesnt have "Call-screening" option, when i go to Cisco PCA-->Preferences -->Transfer and Screening.

I do have transfer settings tough

Any ideas.

3 Replies 3

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

Two things I can think of:

1. Subscribers have to be in a correct class of service to be able to change call screening options using Unity Assistant. Check the COS your userid is in and make sure this option is allowed.

2. From the online help, it says "Busy and screening settings are unavailable when Cisco Unity is not set up to handle indirect calls; for some organizations, the phone system handles both calls from callers who did not dial you directly and calls from callers who do." You might check to see if this applies on your system.

Ginger

Ginger:

Yes you were correct, it was not selected in CoS, however after selecting that option, and i logged back in ciscoPCA and still i dont see the options for call screening.

So regarding the option 2, call screening would not be available for any DID's..can you clarify

Hey Rajesh,

Here is the reference that Ginger was referring to;

Call transfer and screening settings control how Cisco Unity handles your incoming calls from callers who did not dial you directly.

Transfer and screening settings apply only when calls are routed to you from the main greeting recorded for your organization, directory assistance, or a similar automated call handler that your Cisco Unity administrator set up to assist callers who dial the main phone number for your organization. This means that when an outside caller or another subscriber dials your extension to reach you by phone, your Cisco Unity transfer and screening settings do not apply.

Changing Call Transfer and Screening Options

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/405/user/guide/exum/405um130.html

Call Holding in Cisco Unity

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_qanda_item09186a0080093c13.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob