Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity Connection 1.1 Greeting Cards

mohanad.aljabi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi:

I implement Cisco Unity connection & integrated with CCM 4.1 , I am able to transfer all Calls to Greeting Extension number but I need to transfer the call to operator extension number if the user press 0 not Operator Greeting Card, how can I implemented ? Also I need to know how I can transfer the call to any extension after the greeting is played.

Please I need your assistant ASAP.

Thanks & Regards,

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm not entirely sure I understand what's happening on your system here or what you're looking to have happen.

But first check to see that the operator call handler is configured to transfer. Enable the alternate transfer rule to be sure it's active (it over rides the standard and off hours rules) and that it's configured to dial a number you know Unity can reach properly. Then from the openeing greeting call handler (which is what I assume you're working with), check that the "0" key is the user input rules is set to "ring phone for" the operator call handler instead of "send to greeting for". If that's the case, dial in and from the opening greeting dial the "0" key and tell us what happens.

If the phone is not ringing then we can go from there.

If that's not what you want to have happen, please explain in more detail what you want to do here.

Hi:

First of all this is my case to let Configured & Implement Cisco CallManager 4.1 & integrated with Cisco Unity Connection 1.1 , so I am able to run the Main Greeting Card on Cisco CallManager but I do not want to go further because you know there are many limitation on Greeting Card configuration, So I decided to go to Cisco unity Connection , I configured one translation pattern from CallManager to translate any number is calling DN =8000 ?Greeting Card Directory Number? which is not valid DN ?Does not exist at all also not assigned to any device? to Cisco Unity Voice Mail Pilot Number which is 3050 so from Unity Greeting Administrator I configure the Standard Greeting Card ?Main? So once I press 0 Key it must transfer to ?Caller System Transfer ? converstion option , I edit all Restriction Tables to all to 8XXX Numbers to be dialed for both outside & inside.

But once I played the Main Greeting card is asking to press 0 to transfer to any extension you want so I pressed 8412 ?Valid DN? but the Unity is not able to transfer this call to CallMangaer to let the phone ring & it give you errors in CUC Windows event view that the unity is not able to transfer this call to This DN =8412 & you her this message in TUI ?Sorry this Directory is not valid please verify from this directory & try again?.

So I hope you understood my problem & you will be helpful to maintain it.

Thanks & Regards,

Mohanad R.Aljabi.