Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity Connection 9.1 Call handling

clark white
Level 2
Level 2

Dears,

I want to configure the call handling means if some body calls on board line 24500000 the corporate opening greeting should be played and then press 1 for sales, press 2 for technical,press 3 for presales, these all audio (corporate greeting, press 1 for sales ,press2 for technical etc....) can be done by a text to speech in unity connection or i have to enroll a audio recording company.

Also please route me to good doc how to configure call handling.

Thanks

8 Replies 8

clark white
Level 2
Level 2

Hello Experts

Nobody has come across to such situation

Thanks

You can use Unity Connection Call handlers to build Auto Attendant trees, not sure what you would want TTS here, perhaps you meant ASR (speech recognition), if so UCXN can do some of it, but not to the extend you might want. Google Unity Connection call handlers and you will find ton of good info.

Chris

Hello,

Please correct me,

By the media master i can record by my voice and upload it to the unity connection for call handling.

if the above statement is correct then i don't have to spend money to any audio recording company who are professional in this job.

Thanks

Sure, you can do that, either upload via media master, record using media master or dial in and record via greeting administrator. All are viable methods.

Chris

Dears,

I dont know much abt unity connection but trying to configure first time, so pls bare with me,

If  i dont want to use my voice and instead i want a system to speak, such as for user display name is pronounced by the system when the caller reaches to user voice mail box,

Sorry... <recorded name played here, or, Display Name> ...is not available. Record
your message at the tone.

so suppose  if i need press 1 for sales, press 2 for presales to be spoken by system, is it possible???

Thanks

Hello,

Can anybody can answer me,

thanks

No, essentially, the way your digit input works, is that it runs on the back ground while your greeting gets played out. In other words the greeting that a user hears when dialling into the call handler is totally separate from what Caller input key are usable under the call handler's configuration.

So, no the system cannot play out the options automatically without a cutomised prompt, not out of the box anyway

Also, you can use the greeting administrator to change the greeting that is being played out by the call handler. that way you dont have to muck around uploading and converting wav files.

Forget the word auto attendant, its just a call handler.

i hope that makes sense.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Clark,

Just to add a note to the good tips from Chris (+5!)

I would go through the training tips for this great tool designed to build Call Handlers. It's called AudioText Manager;

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/CxN/ATM/ATM.html

Then you can use the Greetings Administrator Conversation to do all your recordings smiley

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/administration/guide/8xcucsag150.html#wp1049924

Cheers!

Rob

Please support CSC helps Kiva yes

https://supportforums.cisco.com/blog/12122171/cisco-support-community-helps-kiva

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: