Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Unity Connection - call handler active schedule

Hello, I am using Cisco Unity Connection version: 7.1.2ES9.21900-9 

I am trying to get the call handler to initiate as soon as outside caller dials the number.  I don't want it to ring at all.  Seems like editing the active schedule doesn't work?  I did check "forward to voicemail" in call manager.  but i don't want it to forward incoming internal calls.  just incoming external calls.  If anyone could shed some light on this, that would be great.  I don't necessarily have to use the schedule, if there is another way to do this?  thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If I understand correctly,

If I understand correctly, you want outside calls to go directly to the call handler but internal calls to ring whatever phone this extension is on.

If I am understanding correctly, then this will probably resolve it.  For the purposes of the explanation I will assume that extension 1000 is the number in question:

1. Create a new partition, we'll just call it ToVM or something like that
  2. Create a new CTI route point with extension 1000 and put it in the ToVM partition, forward all calls for this CTI route point to voicemail
  3. If you don't have one already, create a calling search space for the voice gateway.  Call it Gateway-CSS.  This should have the same partitions that the gateway can normally call, but it should also have the ToVM partition and that partition should be HIGHER in the list than the partition that has the normal extension 1000 on it.
  4. Apply Gateway-CSS to the gateway
  5. Configure the normal extension 1000 (not in the ToVM partition) the way that you want it to work.

Now when external callers dial 1000 they will go to the call handler because that partition is higher in the CSS and the CTI Route point should be hit first.  Internal callers will ring the phone (or whatever it is) because they only have access to the regular internal partition (and not ToVM) that 1000 is in.

This is all assuming that I understand you correctly!

1 REPLY

If I understand correctly,

If I understand correctly, you want outside calls to go directly to the call handler but internal calls to ring whatever phone this extension is on.

If I am understanding correctly, then this will probably resolve it.  For the purposes of the explanation I will assume that extension 1000 is the number in question:

1. Create a new partition, we'll just call it ToVM or something like that
  2. Create a new CTI route point with extension 1000 and put it in the ToVM partition, forward all calls for this CTI route point to voicemail
  3. If you don't have one already, create a calling search space for the voice gateway.  Call it Gateway-CSS.  This should have the same partitions that the gateway can normally call, but it should also have the ToVM partition and that partition should be HIGHER in the list than the partition that has the normal extension 1000 on it.
  4. Apply Gateway-CSS to the gateway
  5. Configure the normal extension 1000 (not in the ToVM partition) the way that you want it to work.

Now when external callers dial 1000 they will go to the call handler because that partition is higher in the CSS and the CTI Route point should be hit first.  Internal callers will ring the phone (or whatever it is) because they only have access to the regular internal partition (and not ToVM) that 1000 is in.

This is all assuming that I understand you correctly!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content