Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity Connection Directory Handler- Search by extension

alalli
Level 2
Level 2

Hi All,

Does anyone know if it is possible to use "search by extension" in Cisco unity connection?

We have it setup to allow search by name, but I have been asked to also provide the ability to search by extension.

Any ideas would be most appreciated.

Regards,

Amanda Lalli-Cafini

6 Replies 6

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Amanda,

Directory Handlers has the option to switch between Dial by name or Dial by extension only by pressing the ##.

The setting to setup the Dial by Extension by default is not available.

HTH

GP.

Pls rate helpful posts !!

Hi Gajanan,

Thank you for the reply.

I tried the # and then ## but i get invalid selection.

I did not see anywhere to setup user input from the directory handler itself either.

regards

Amanda

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm not real sure why searching by extension is desirable... you can dial extensions directly from any call handler or subscriber greeting (unless it's been specifically blocked) - why would you want to search by extension?

Hi Jeff,

Yes, you are right.

I dont want to search by extension.

I need to be able to offer the caller the ability to dial an extension or to use the directory handler.

I think I will need to wrap it in a call handler.

Regards,

Amanda

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Amanada,

Just thought I would throw this in

On our CUC 7.1(3b)su2 system I had to uncheck the Allow Caller to exit setting on the Directory Handler

Caller Input page

Before the switch to dial by extension via pressing # would work.

Cheers!

Rob

I was also looking at this functionality where in a voice enabled Directory handler can be switched to dial by keypad function ,switchin using ## doesnt work. Well i did found a way to fulfill what i needed by pointing voice enabled directory handler to a non-voice enabled directory handler using caller input within voice enabled directory handler

So within the Voice enabled directory handler caller input use * to route the call to a non-voice enabled directory handler. This is not a very convenient way but works if the functionality is announced in main call handler greeting before call is routed to voice enabled call handler.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: