Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity Connection ViewMail for IBM Lotus Notes

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

There seem to be references to a version of Unity Connection Viewmail for Notes at various links such as:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/roadmap/7xcucdg.html#wp56656

I cannot find any more details or any downloads on CCO.

Anyone know if this is available yet and where I can find the software and docs?

17 Replies 17

Matt,

I think you're misreading this.  If not I am.  However, I reviewed the UC 7.1 applications ordering guide and it looks as if VMO is included as part of the user/port bundle when purchasing Unity Connection.  If your customer is a CUWL customer and upgraded possibly to an earlier version first or did not specify the SKU's with an appendix of D then they likely didn't receive the software DVD for VMO for Lotus Notes.  If you read the ordering guide carefully, you'll see that the D was added to clarify which customers intended on using Domino so the appropriate (well, new at that time) VMO software could be provided to them.  If I were you, I'd do the following:

1) Ask the customer to login into the PUT (Product Upgrade Tool) and see if VMO media is available to them for shipment.  If so, order it.  If not, then...

2) Discuss this with your Cisco Account Manager and let them know what you need and that you feel the client is entitled to this plug-in and, given that it's free, you'd like to get a copy of it right away.

My guess is you'll soon have the VMO for Lotus Notes...if not, tell the AM that you'd like them to break the news to the customer.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

For Domino customers where more functionality than that offered by IMAP is required there is a third party product called Domona Unify for Lotus Notes that integrates Notes with Unity Connection.

http://donomasoftware.com/donoma-unify-for-lotus-notes/

I have not installed it myself but thought it might be of interest to some of the guys on this thread.

Hey James,

Thanks for linking this very kind follow-up my friend! +5

Our rollout of this feature was stopped by management due to the

"clunkiness" of the look and feel. Maybe now, with this developemnet

we can move forward. We'll have to check it out

Cheers!

Rob