Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity digital Networking

saz6710
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have 4 unity servers in AD domain. I would like to setup Digital Networking and cross server logon between them.

Apart from setting up Dialing Domain, and DialID, what else do I need to configure?

All servers are part of same Dialing Domain but each has different DialID.

Thanks in advance,

Shahid

1 Reply 1

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Shahid -

Have you seen this excellent resource - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/405/networking/guide/ex/ex.html

This includes the step by step instructions for configuring digital networking and cross-server logon (each section has its own chapter). In each Unity server's SA, you will go to the Network - Dialing Domains page and configure the pilot numbers for the other Unity servers. I recommend you check the box that says "Play prompt during cross-server logon, transfer, and live reply so that callers know something is happening". When we send our users a welcome note for their IP phone and Unity voicemail, we include the dialing information for the Unity servers and tell them they can call any of the numbers. This is a very cool feature. Note: Since you are using digital networking, have you considered pooled licensing? For the cost of a Unity user license per server, your Unity servers can share the total UM licenses you have purchased.

Ginger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: