Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity Express 7.1.4 MWI on another phone

gvalancin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'd like to know if it is possible with Cisco Unity Express 7.1.4 and Cisco Unified Communication Manager 7.1.3b to light up the Message Waiting Indicator on another phone than the phone corresponding to the directory number allocated to the target voice mail box.

In a Call Center I want to light up the MWI of the supervisor phone when a client left a voice mail in the VM box of the phone number he called. If no call taker is available to take the client call after a while the ICM script will send the client call the target VM box. Then I need to light up the MWI of the supervisor's phone.

Thanks for your help.

Regards.

2 Replies 2

Felipe Garrido
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Use a voice translation rule appiled on the inbound dial-peer matched for MWI calls. Just modify the called number to the number of the phone where you want MWI to go.

For example,

Phone 1 has extension 1000

Phone 2 has extension 2000

The MWI on/off numbers are 8001/8000

The translation rule,

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^\(800.\)1000/ /\12000/

voice translation-profile VM

translate called 1

The inbound dial-peer for calls from CUE,

dial-peer voice 1 voip

translation-profile incoming VM

incoming called number 800.....

session protocol sipv2

codec g711ulaw

no vad

This will make all MWI changes for 1000 be seen on 2000. Note that actual request for the VM box of 2000 will still be performed so the state could get a little strange.

-Felipe

Thanks Felipe,

I will try to configure a dial-peer for MWI calls to apply the translation rule to modifiy the called number.

Gerard.