cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity Message Store Configuration Wizard Problem

dominice
Level 1
Level 1

I am installing Unity 4.0.5 inreadiness to upgrade to Version 5 on a new server.

I have hit a problem with running the Message Store conf. wizard. We use Unified messaging.

I am getting the error message - see attachment. We can't idenfity where the problem lies - is anyone able to offer any help?

Regards

Dominic

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The problem is exactly what the error is saying. The account you're running the MSCW as does not have the proper Exchange permissions. You should be running the MSCW with the UnityInstall account which should have already been delegated Exchange Organization Administrator (which UnityDirSvc should have also been delegated). This delegation happens right after the Permissions Wizard is ran, it pops up a window explaining how to do the delegation at the Exchange Organization level.

Re-read the installation guide and make sure all steps are followed.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/405/installation/guide/cueum2k3nf/IG_019.html#wp1813696

Hope that helps

Brad

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The problem is exactly what the error is saying. The account you're running the MSCW as does not have the proper Exchange permissions. You should be running the MSCW with the UnityInstall account which should have already been delegated Exchange Organization Administrator (which UnityDirSvc should have also been delegated). This delegation happens right after the Permissions Wizard is ran, it pops up a window explaining how to do the delegation at the Exchange Organization level.

Re-read the installation guide and make sure all steps are followed.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/405/installation/guide/cueum2k3nf/IG_019.html#wp1813696

Hope that helps

Brad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: