UNITY-DOMINO Unity for Domino 1

UNITY-DS-ENG Unity Data Store - in English 1

UNITYV4-50USR Unity VM, 50 users (w/ 16 sessions) 2

MCS-7825-I2-ECS1 MCS-7825-I2 Rack; Unity; Unity Bridge; 2GB; SATA RAID;

Win2K 1

UNITY-PWR-EUR Power Cord - Fr, Ger, Neth, Nor, Sp, Swe, Aus, Belg, Peru 1

UNITY-WIN2K-ENG Cisco Unity Operating System 2000 - English 1

CAB-ACE Power Cord Europe 1

while preparing for installing cisco unity it's ask me to install Domino Unified Communications (DUCs) but we didn't found the DUCs software shipped with cisco unity CD's. Later while we read the documentation we found that DUCs must be ordered separately from IBM Lotus reseller.

my question:

1. What's wrong or missed with the Items that we already ordered ?

2. We only order VM (voice Messaging) license, do we need mail server (exchange or domino) for Voice Messaging license?

any comment will be appreciate .

many thanks

bongkie

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Bongkie,

1. There's nothing wrong with what you ordered, but you will need the Domino software for it to work.

2. A mail server is required. Unity stores voice messages in the mail store - either Exchange or Domino.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Bongkie,

1. There's nothing wrong with what you ordered, but you will need the Domino software for it to work.

2. A mail server is required. Unity stores voice messages in the mail store - either Exchange or Domino.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Hi Brandon,

Thank you for the explanations, we just need to make sure that we need to order DUCs from IBM reseller.

again ..thank you.

Take a look at the following link which indicates that DUCS in included with Unity 4.0 and later.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_quick_reference_guide09186a008011c984.html

Brandon

Hi Guys,

I've seen this link too. But it doesnt mention 4.2(1) and Unity VM with Domino as an external message store.

Having trouble confirming this at the moment. If the licensing is included.. then where do you get the media and licensing information?

Cheers,

Tim

There is an additional part number to order, which includes the DUC software. It is UNITY-DOM-KIT, which is $100 list. I see that there is a part number for Unity 5.0, UNITY5.X-DOM-KIT, which lists at $0. May want to talk to your reseller or Cisco account rep about this.

In the end it looks like Unity for Domino 4.2 includes Domino DUCS licensing, and it also ships with DUCS CD version 1.2.2 and 1.2.3.

So for 4.2 you dont need any additional IBM licensing or media kits.

Cheers,

Tim

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: