Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Viewmail 8.6 error

We recently upgraded to Unity 8.6 ans installed Cisco Viewmail 8.6.4.7 on all our Windows 7 Workstaions and Laptops.

On several we get an error after Outlook restarts and user tries to open an Email. We are using both Outlook 2007 and 2010. The error on a mix of both versions.

The following is the Error as seen in Event Viewer. We have to uninstall Viewmail, otherwise error keeps poping up.

Log Name:     Application

Source:       SideBySide

Date:         11/10/2011 12:30:20 AM

Event ID:     9

Task Category: None

Level:         Error

Keywords:     Classic

User:         N/A

Computer:    

Description:

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\ViewMail for Outlook\adxloader.dll.Manifest".Error in manifest or policy file "C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\ViewMail for Outlook\adxloader.dll.Manifest" on line 2. The manifest file root element must be assembly.

Event Xml:

<Data>C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\ViewMail for Outlook\adxloader.dll.Manifest</Data>

<Data>C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\ViewMail for Outlook\adxloader.dll.Manifest</Data>

Thanks,

2 Replies 2

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Richard,

Do all of the affected users have any other Outlook plug-ins installed/enabled?  There may be some sort of conflict between VMO and any number of other applications.  I would first start by making sure you've enabled the VMO diagnostics in the VMO settings (select the checkbox to enable diags) and once the issue reproduces, open a TAC case and provide the VMO log.

Hope that helps,

Brad

Guys has anyone got to point where this issue has been fixed ???

I dont think CISCO TAC is really taking this VMO issues serioulsy.I have opened two cases,spent hours with them and provided the logs atleast 10 times to the TAC and have not got any resolution or an idea on what is actaully causing this issue.Its just not me who is facing this issue, I have a collegue of mine who is also having similar kind of issues and TAC is no were close to the resolution or the root cause.

If anyone out there has fixed this , please let me know.

Thanks,

Simah