The following update appears to have broken the Viewmail Client:

KB3163018 - Cumulative Update for Windows 10 version 1511

Is there a fix for this issue?

Joe

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I did a quick search and only found issues related to that KB for UCCX, not CUC, if this is really because of a KB, as 11.5 is very new, you probably want to open a TAC so they can investigate if this is really because of a KB, and then see what possible fixes are available.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I contact TAC and they wanted me to uninstall the Windows 10 cumulative update released this month.  He then wanted me to contact Microsoft and find out what they screwed up in their update.  He just didn't quite grasp the concept that they are suppose to directly work with their business partners to resolve compatibility errors. He also didn't understand why I was asking him to replicate my error in their test lab.

By posting on the forums I had hoped that someone else could confirm my issue.

Windows 10 Pro 64

Outlook 2010 32bit

Viewmail 11.5.1002

KB3163018 Applied to client machine

Note: As a test I downgraded my Viewmail client and I still had the same failed connection issues.

joe.conger
Level 1
Level 1

Update: Microsoft released update for Windows 7 KB3161608.  This update also broke the Cisco Viewmail clients on the Windows 7 OS.

It looks like KB3161608 was replaced by KB3172605. Once KB3172605 is removed and the computer is rebooted viewmail will work again.

I had users report they could not have viewmail play messages back through the phone, once these updates are removed it works again.

Edit: This is for Windows 7.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: