Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CiscoUnity_DSAD Event 1044 repeated for one domain

Hi all -

Unity 4.2(1); Exchange 2003 SP2 offbox. We are getting the following errors on one of 3 Unity servers in our forest. Repeated occurrences of Event 1044 for a specific domain. The error is ERROR_DS_NO_ATTRIBUTE_OR_VALUE: The specified directory service attribute or value does not exist. I have attached a WORD doc with the micro traces from AvDSAD while attempting to synchronize. We currently do not have any Unity subscribers in this domain, but we have Distribution lists in this domain that include Unity subscribers. What I think is interesting is that this domain appears to have renamed the Users OU to xyz-Users. If you read the micro trace attached, look for the text I have bolded and one section I highlighted in Red. Eventually we will have Unity subscribers in this domain and I wanted to see if there would be any problems forthcoming.

Thanks in advance! Ginger

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Green

Re: CiscoUnity_DSAD Event 1044 repeated for one domain

Hi Ginger,

During synchronization, the directory services retrieve a list of the groups that each subscriber belongs to and try to read each group to see if it also is a PDL (has the attribute ciscoEcsbuUMLocationObejctId). If you have groups in a container that you did not choose during Permissions Wizard (for example,because you did not want to use those groups as Cisco Unity PDLs), and if the groups include users who are also Cisco Unity subscribers, the directory services will try to read the groups and will fail because the directory

services account has insufficient permissions.

If the directory services account does not have permission to read a group, Cisco Unity writes an object-synchronization error to the Windows event log. If you have a lot of groups to which the directory services account does not have permissions, Cisco Unity may add a lot of object-synchronization errors to the event log

Are you getting Error code 0x8007200A or 0x8000500d errors, for example the last one mean "not set" (like the requested attribute has no set value) and are not real errors in EV.

"What I think is interesting is that this domain appears to have renamed the Users OU to xyz-Users"

What is the current value in the Directory?

You can use the DOH proptest tool (DPT) | AD Monitor | Domain | Then you will several options in the right side, try to match correct values.

HTH

//G

2 REPLIES
Green

Hi Ginger,

During synchronization, the directory services retrieve a list of the groups that each subscriber belongs to and try to read each group to see if it also is a PDL (has the attribute ciscoEcsbuUMLocationObejctId). If you have groups in a container that you did not choose during Permissions Wizard (for example,because you did not want to use those groups as Cisco Unity PDLs), and if the groups include users who are also Cisco Unity subscribers, the directory services will try to read the groups and will fail because the directory

services account has insufficient permissions.

If the directory services account does not have permission to read a group, Cisco Unity writes an object-synchronization error to the Windows event log. If you have a lot of groups to which the directory services account does not have permissions, Cisco Unity may add a lot of object-synchronization errors to the event log

Are you getting Error code 0x8007200A or 0x8000500d errors, for example the last one mean "not set" (like the requested attribute has no set value) and are not real errors in EV.

"What I think is interesting is that this domain appears to have renamed the Users OU to xyz-Users"

What is the current value in the Directory?

You can use the DOH proptest tool (DPT) | AD Monitor | Domain | Then you will several options in the right side, try to match correct values.

HTH

//G

Hi Gonzalo -

You are correct :-) We are getting error code 0x8007200A and have NOT run the permissions wizard for this domain yet. We were planning on doing this once they were migrated to VoIP. I will check with our forest's Active Directory Steering Committee to see if I may run the permissions wizard for this domain so that the unitydirsvc account will have the permissions to read the groups.

Thank you very much! Ginger

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content