Cisco Support Community
Community Member

CiscoUnity_Notifier error messages

I am receiving the following error message in the Windows event viewer for 4 different users. We are running Unity 4.1(1) and Exchange 2003. I did what was suggested in the error message but that did not resolve the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Scott Turner

Event Type: Warning

Event Source: CiscoUnity_Notifier

Event Category: Run

Event ID: 1008

Date: 5/19/2006

Time: 2:30:44 PM

User: N/A

Computer: UNITYEXCH1

Received message event eNOTIFYQ_ACTION_MSG_NEW [2] on NotifyQ for user cn=JDOE,cn=RECIPIENTS,ou=FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP,o=COMPANY who is not monitored. No MWI or notifications will occur for this user. To correct, perform a resync of all mailusers with UTIM: go to the Properties tab of your integration and press the Resynchronize button.

For more information, click:

Re: CiscoUnity_Notifier error messages

Hi Scott -

We've have occasionally seen these error messages too, usually when a user has been removed from Unity voicemail, but the user's IP phone extension is still configured to dial the voicemail profile of the Unity server. So the user account still exists in Active Directory, but is no longer a Unity subscriber. This can occur as another user is being assigned to the IP phone extension and voicemail. Other times I've seen this occur, when the user's account was disabled or the alias renamed to oldxxxxx (in preparation for disabling/deleting) and the user was still a subscriber in Unity. Meaning the admin forgot to remove the Unity account first. So here is what I would check:

- Voicemail profile of the IP phone extension, make sure it is dialing the correct Unity server

- User - account is not disabled or hidden from the directory; validate user is a Unity subscriber.

- User's Unity extension matches that of the IP phone (or you have an alternate extension and alternate MWI extension added)

CreatePlease to create content