cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Citrix application for CallManager

moabdallah
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone try the Citrix application ( paging system, & corporate directory ) for Cisco CallManager ?

What about the performance ?

Any recommendation ?

Regards

Mohamed Abdallah

3 Replies 3

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have been using at one my clients. it's a great tool in my opinion. The Express Directory pays for itself if you have a large directory, spread across multiply LDAP's. It's also great if your corporate AD is not cleaned up in the "telephone" field. Some people over the years seems to have free for all in the is field. With AD, you can export it a CSV file, then run a script to clean that field, then have it auto import to the Citrix Application Gateway. We went one step farther and used a META engine to pull out AD, run it, then sync it to Citrix box to present it on the IP Phones.

The Broadcast server is easy to use. You can send out timed txt messages to the phones called "alerts" nice for department reminders, office alerts, etc..

Zone Paging. Have not used yet, but seems pretty straight forward.

Visual Voicemail. Logs you into Unity on the IP phone and gives you fwd, rvrs, delete, etc. It's a nice quick view into your Voicemail box without having to listen to them all. Gives new meaning to the "blinking red light"

The box itself is low maint. Never needs a reboot, self contained and runs like a clock. Its servers all the IP phones, expect the 7936 conference stations. The IP Communicator even works fine (even though not support from Citrix) I can be at home VPN, with IPC running and browse the Express Directory with no problem. So it's fairly fast.

hope this helps

Hi,

Thanks for your reply

Do u know anyhting about prices ?

Regards

Mohamed

I can't recall the exact prices, but you can rough in probably $3,000 for hardware and $40 per license. The license is one time charge. Discounts vary between VAR's.

cheers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: